Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We have moved

You might have thought things have been a little quiet on the Blogging front. Well this is because this last week we have moved. We are now in Maitland and what a mission it has been! I cannot believe the amount of gear that we have accumulated in the last 9-10 years. It is truly insane!
Thanks to friends and family that pitched in we managed to get all our gear down over four hectic days. My dad and Father in law worked like absolute Trojans and Phil(yes I have a mate called Phil) showed his genius yet again at packing infinitesimal amounts into a small truck - the man must play a mean game of Tetris!!
On the Killi for Kids front (see the link attached) the gang (including team Nev and Jude) are at 3000 meter mark on their climb to raise money for CQ! Go guys! I am so proud of my sisters (and Brother in law) as this is way outside of their comfort zones.
The chaos is far from subsiding here but I can get a car into one of the garages now which was inconceivable yesterday.
All I have to do now is get back into the yak and hit the river for some training as October is not far away at all. Moving was the last hurdle before Brook to Beaches (apart from raising some more money that is) so back to it in Ernest!
My epirb that was kindly donated by Marine Matters arrived the other day also which is very exciting. It is definitely a nice piece of gear. That reminds me I must register the details for that.
Gotta go, hope you are all well
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment