Thursday, September 2, 2010

Start of Spring Yeh!

Gday all. It was a magic day hear in Maitland so I took a couple of hours out from unpacking boxes to get into the YAK this morning. It has definitely been too long and I was already stiff and sore from playing removalist over the last couple of days.
I didn't have allot of time and there was plenty of flow in the river so I thought I would paddle upstream for 5Km and then paddle back. It is nice to have the river so close and it took longer to load the YAK than to drive to the launch site.
Overall I paddled the 10 Km and will probably paddle from here to Morpeth on the next run off which is a bit over 20 Km if it all pans out.
On the Climb 4 Kids front Pete and Ruth have had to come down from Killi after reaching 4500m as Pete is so sick with altitude sickness. Poor Pete has been crook for a couple of days so he has put in a huge effort. They must be shattered but we are all so proud of them and the whole team. I still have one sister on the mountain (not to mention the rest of the team) so keep it up Jude / guys we are cheering for you!
Phil

1 comment:

  1. Phil been a while since looking in and you have had your hands full going by the blog.

    Nice to see you are back on the water after the move as time is slipping awy until your departure.

    Take care Richo

    ReplyDelete