Sunday, June 27, 2010

Groundhog Day


I went back to Glenbawn for another training paddle yesterday and it started much the same as last time. A strong breeze and a little on the choppy side. It looked like there was a storm building but I thought what the hell - be a man what could go wrong?
Anyway I headed out from the boat ramp without a soul on the Dam and thought maybe this isn't such a great idea but I definitely need the paddle time.
This time I headed into the waves which meant paddling across to the other side, with the added bonus that I might get some lee from the wind over there. From there I headed to boat harbour did a lap and then headed for home when I could see another storm front building from the north as well.
Overall I paddled 10Km and averaged about 7 km/h which I didn't think was too bad in the conditions.
On the sponsorship side I have had a couple of sources of encouragement over the week with Macquarie Generation confirming they definitely want to be involved as well as receiving a call from Damien @ Jayco Newcastle who also wanted to make a contribution. Good stuff mate - you are a legend!!
Also make sure to keep the 16th of October free as all those that are able to will depart Stockton Bridge to paddle into the harbour where raffles prizes will be drawn. Try to be there - I will post times etc. as time goes on but remember Lake Macquarie Kayaks is able to hire you a Yak if you need one and a percentage of the proceeds go to Camp Quality so make sure to get amongst it!

No comments:

Post a Comment