Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fine weather at last


Finally I got some reasonable paddling weather on the Dam the other weekend. It was still cold with a reasonable breeze but at least it was less lumpy than it has been over the last couple of outings.
I managed to increase speed a little to hold 7Km/h for the 10Km paddle so that was OK. That said I think the little dagger might need a clean up on the bottom of the hull as she seems to be developing a bit more drag over time (and punishment)
I was excited to receive donations from Macquarie Generation, Jayco Newcastle and Hunter Valley Homes this last week. Thanks Guys, Legendary Stuff!! Rest assured that each dollar helps the Kids (and their families) and will make a difference.
On the paddling front I plan to put in a 20Km river paddle to add a couple more scars to the old dagger and stretch the shoulders a bit this weekend. This type of training is great real world stuff with the added bonus that I get to see likely conditions for the big trip in October.
lastly thanks to all the comments and ever growing followers to the site, you are a great source of encouragement me as I continue to train for the event
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment