Sunday, July 25, 2010

Giving the big girl a run


Hi All
Work and packing has been pretty chaotic added with the fact that Sue and Tim have been crook and it has been a struggle to get out on the YAK. I was hoping for another river run (particularly as the river has been up) but with Sue crook it was a case of needing to be independent. The Dam it is!
The last couple of Dam paddles has been pretty ordinary of late and it was after lunch before I could escape so I dragged out Sue's Hobie adventure for today's run. She is not the fastest boat about but she is very stable when the conditions turn nasty - plus it has a rudder to keep the nose pointed in the right direction which has been a challenge of late in the dagger!
I didn't manage to get onto the Dam till about 2:00 and the wind generally picks up during the afternoon so I was expecting pretty ordinary conditions. That said it was pretty good considering the paddles of late. Yeh there was a strong breeze but it was reasonably smooth really. At one stage it was even still but this was mostly as I loaded the YAK onto the car :)
Anyway I managed 7Km/h average over 14Km in the big boat so I am reasonably happy with that. I also talked to the shop owner at the Dam and she was happy to put up some promotional posters etc. which is also good exposure - all good. Also I have managed to get a few good people on board @ work to sell raffle tickets / collect donations in different workshops so that is great as well. I now have the problem that I have run out of ticket books - what a great problem - hopefully they sell lots of them!!!
Take care all - thanks for all those comments - don't be afraid to add suggestions/ comments as I love reading them
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment