Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 4 Denman to Jerrys Plains




The case of the missing day! Well we have been having a few technical difficulties and it seems that Day 4 has gone walkabout.
Day 4 was a big one the first of the over 30km days. I thought it was 31 but it turned out to be actually 36km. I did the same thing in training and thought that I had adjusted the itinerary but apparently not so i got a little more paddling for my money on this day. It was a long day with lots of river obstructions and rapids to keep me on my toes and in and out of the Kayak. On a positive note I managed to avoid the places that caught me off guard and eject me from the kayak in the training run so that is good.
A special thanks should go to the two gentlemen that snatched my bogged 4wd that my wife was driving out of the soft sand below Jerrys Plains Bridge before I got there. You are champions and I wouldn't have been too keen to dig out and push a bogged 4wd after a 36km paddle! You are legends and I definitely owe you a brown cordial or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment