Friday, October 15, 2010

Tomorrows the last day!!

Gday all
Just thought I better put down some legal junk about tomorrow. Sorry it pains me to say it but I have been advised that I should say something along the lines of this for those that are considering paddling with me from Stockton Bridge to Horseshoe Beach.

Warning: Kayaking is a dangerous activity and presents a number of inherit risks. Participation in this event is entirely at your own risk. Neither Phil Curry nor Camp Quality can accept any responsibility for loss, damage, injury or death arising from this paddle. It is the responsibility of the individual to paddle within their ability and not put themselves in harm's way. I have no public liability insurance and none is offered by Camp Quality either.

All legal jargon aside please do not feel obliged to paddle if you feel uncomfortable with the conditions (whatever they may be tomorrow) I will be just as pumped to see people at the beach as I will to have them paddle with me - especially if it isn't good conditions.

Please also consider if it is raining that rain jackets can be a drowning hazard if you do fall in the drink! I have a Cag that is waterproof and I can swim in if required. Please please do not put yourself at risk! It is not worth risking someone being harmed or worse drowned. I know that my wife will not be paddling if conditions are iffy/ wet. I will not be offended if others do the same!
That said hopefully the weather will be fine and I am worried about nothing
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment