Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 9 Luskintyre to Belmore Bridge Maitland




Well I have been hoping for a small break in the weather and today I got a small break. It is amazing what a bit of a rest can do for the sore muscles and the spirits - not to mention a bit of reasonable weather!
Today I got to the water at about 8:00 and was away about 8:30 I think at Luskintyre. This meant that I got some km's under my belt early and was feeling like i was making some progress. The water was deep enough to paddle and generally all was well with the world. I still hurt obviously but all was well.
I managed to get to Melville ford at Aberglasslyn at about 11:30 and my parents and Tim came to meet me for a picnic lunch which was lovely. It was nice to have someone to share lunch with - so much nicer than just talking to myself and I actually savoured it for about 45min. The longest lunch so far.
Phil Milling also happened by so it was good to catch up with him also for a chat.
After lunch I still felt pretty good and the conditions were still much better than they have been so I decided to push on and get another 10km under my belt which means that I am ahead of schedule now. Woohoo!
Looking at the weather and tides it's looking like an early start in the morning. If the weather is kind then I will try to get to Raymond Terrace which is another 30km again tomorrow

3 comments:

  1. You're doing an awesome job Phil! It would have been great to have Timmy and your P's drop in for lunch, that in itself (i'm sure) would help give you an energy boost.

    Keep plugging away!

    Andrew Nev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the weather was much better for you. You are going so well. I was looking forward to meeting you for lunch but it wasnt to be (the joys of being self employed & ruled by a mobile)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Phil. Almost there :)

    ReplyDelete