Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 7 Singleton to Elderslie




Well I can't believe this is the seventh day of my little paddle - or even that I am basically 2/3rd of the way to Newcastle now! Mind Numbing!
I keep saying that was a tough day and you probably want to hear something else - Believe my I would like to be saying it but what a tough one today was. The wind was diabolical, blowing hard into my face and basically whipping up waves in the hunter river. At one stage it was blowing so hard that when I stopped to have a drink I was being blown back up the river.
There was a nasty storm front rolling in also from the side so I decided to only stop for 10mins the whole leg to try to stay in front of the thunderstorm that I thought would make life unbearable. Whether this was a good tactic or not I do not know but I didn't get rained on! I did hurt like I have never hurt before with 5 hours basically non stop paddling plus I have hard the worst cast of indegestion that I think I have ever had too! Not surprising as I only stopped long enough to scoff it down and then got back into it - the GPS said 8 mins all day stopped time.
On the upside I was home early enough to catch the last 20 laps of Bathurst so the pain was defintely worth it. Go Lowndesy!!! Go Holden 1,2,3 Baby!! Eat that Oval fans!! Ha Ha
Sorry momentary Yobbo moment (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment