Thursday, October 21, 2010

Why Brook 2 Beaches?


Plenty of people have asked why Brook2Beaches and why Camp Quality?
Some would know that my Nephew, Daniel Neville, lost his battle with cancer last year. Camp Quality was there for my family when they needed them, in the midst of his greatest battle, and I wanted to help ensure they would be there for other families and kids in the Hunter as well.
I would also like to say - Daniel this paddle was for you.
When things got tough and I was slogging it out for hours paddling into strong headwinds, it was the fact that kids like you battle pain each day and have no choice but to keep fighting that inspired me to dig deeper.
You continue to be an inspiration and to challenge me to be less egocentric each day. You were an impact player in life with an insatiable appetite for adventure while possessing a rare concern for others feelings.
I feel privileged to be called your uncle and mate you may be gone but you are not forgotten. We miss you.
Phil

2 comments:

  1. Phil,
    I think you are true Champion. A great effort for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grant - good luck this weekend. The paddle definately stretched my meagre abilities as i only really paddled to fishing spots and trolled before. But it is all good fun
    Phil

    ReplyDelete